- 2 chicken breasts (bone in, skin on)
- 2-4 ribs celery
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 can water chestnuts
- Raw almonds, chopped
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons or more fermented soy sauce (or tamari sauce, if exceptionally gluten sensitive
- 1-2 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar
- Freshly grated ginger
- Mung bean sprouts (if desired)
- Sesame oil
- Tahini (sesame seed butter)
Salt and pepper 2 chicken breasts (bone in, skin on) and bake until done (preferably pasture-raised chicken), debone and take off skin and cube meat.
Saute celery in small amount of olive oil. Add cubed cooked chicken and ginger and saute about a minute. Add green onion, almonds, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, small amount of sesame oil for flavor and dark balsamic vinegar. Cook until heated through. Add mung bean sprouts, stir and serve.
Rinse and dry Romaine lettuce leaves and/or raw red cabbage leaves.
To serve, place mixture in a cold romaine leaves, red cabbage leaves or red leaf lettuce. May add a little tahini on top of mixture. Makes about 8 wraps. This is delicious!