- 40 caramels (almost 14 oz pkg)
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines Swiss chocolate dry cake mix
- 1 5-oz can evap milk
- 1 6-oz pkg semi-sweet choc chips
- 1-1/3 sticks melted butter
- 1 c chopped walnuts or pecans
In double boiler,melt caramels with 1/3 c evaporated milk (keep hot over hot water until ready to use). Mix rest of evap milk, melted butter into dry cake mix. Take ½ or 2/3 of batter and pat into greased and floured 9×13 pan. Bake 350 for 6 min. Remove from oven – sprinkle with choc chips. Sprinkle nuts over top. Pour caramel over cake mixture before the nuts. Pinch small pieces of remaining batter and sprinkle over cake in pan. Bake 18 min longer. Place cake in frig 30 min to an hour until firm enough to cut into squares. Place in 2-1/2” cups for easier handling.
The best brownies you’ll ever eat…