If you can’t get fresh blueberries, frozen ones will work. If you don’t have blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries may be used
- 2 cups blueberries (I used frozen and slightly thawed in micro)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons xylitol or coconut crystals (I used xylitol)
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup softened organic real butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Almond slices, to taste (I chopped up about 1/2 cup
- Small amount of coconut nectar
Preheat oven to 350.
Add all filling ingredients to mixing bowl and stir until combined.
Place filling in baking dish and spread evenly.
In separate bowl, combine almond flour, butter, cinnamon and almond slices. Mix until crumbly.
Sprinkle topping over filling.
Drizzle just a little coconut nectar or honey on top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or more until filling starts to bubble and is thickened a little. If the topping is getting too brown, cover with aluminum foil.
Let cool for 10 minutes and serve warm.