Organic Ingredients if possible:
- 1 purple cabbage, sliced into ribbons
- 2 bunches green onions, diced
- 1-2 medium Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup greek olives, diced
- 4 oz crumbled organic feta cheese
- 1⁄2 c fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp pine nuts (optional topping)
1. Combine cabbage, onions, tomato, cucumber, olives, feta, and oregano.
2. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Wisk to mix.
3. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss.
4. Top with pine nuts, if desired
• 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1-1/2 cup tomato, seeded and diced
• 1/2 -3/4 cup feta, cubed
• 1/4-1/2 cup red onion, diced
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
• 1-1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
• extra virgin olive oil, to taste
• sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Combine the onions and tomatoes in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Then add salt and pepper.
2. Add chickpeas, feta and very finely chopped or diced herbs.
3. Mix well, adjust seasoning and place in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Salad will marinate and flavors will continue to develop.
4. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 mango, peeled and diced small
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil (I used EVOO)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked black quinoa (or a blend) cooled
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed ( a 15-ounce can)
Combine the mango, red pepper, scallions, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Add the red wine vinegar, oil, and salt and stir to combine. Add the quinoa and stir until everything is well incorporated. Fold in the black beans. Serve immediately or let it sit for a bit to let the flavors meld.
- 40 caramels (almost 14 oz pkg)
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines Swiss chocolate dry cake mix
- 1 5-oz can evap milk
- 1 6-oz pkg semi-sweet choc chips
- 1-1/3 sticks melted butter
- 1 c chopped walnuts or pecans
In double boiler,melt caramels with 1/3 c evaporated milk (keep hot over hot water until ready to use). Mix rest of evap milk, melted butter into dry cake mix. Take ½ or 2/3 of batter and pat into greased and floured 9×13 pan. Bake 350 for 6 min. Remove from oven – sprinkle with choc chips. Sprinkle nuts over top. Pour caramel over cake mixture before the nuts. Pinch small pieces of remaining batter and sprinkle over cake in pan. Bake 18 min longer. Place cake in frig 30 min to an hour until firm enough to cut into squares. Place in 2-1/2” cups for easier handling.
The best brownies you’ll ever eat…
- 5 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- ¼ c chopped red onion
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- 2T sugar
- 3T vinegar
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 c sunflower seeds (plain or salted)
- 1 c real mayo
Combine broccoli,onion and raisins. Mix sugar, vinegar and mayo. Pour dressing mixture over salad. Toss well and refrigerate. Just before serving, toss bacon and sunflower seeds with salad.