- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets (about 6 to 7 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh garlic (if desired)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until very tender, about 10 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and then drain.
Add oil and reserved water, 1 tablespoon at a time for desired texture while mashing cauliflower with a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper (and minced garlic if desired) and serve. (May substitute organic butter for EVOO.)
- 5-6 medium-sized purple or other small sized potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Scrub potatoes well, dry and quarter. Place potatoes in baking pan to form a single layer.
Drizzle olive oil over potatoes, sprinkle with crushed garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss potatoes to coat with oil and spices.
Cover pan with foil and slide into oven.
Bake potatoes for 15 minutes. Slide pan from oven and remove foil. Using a spatula, turn potatoes over. Return pan to oven without foil and roast potatoes another 15 minutes.
Slide potatoes from oven, turn them one more time and continue roasting another 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.