- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 pound mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine (or broth)
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mozzarella (grated)
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano (grated)
Directions:Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan. Add the onion and cook until it starts to caramelize, about 20 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine, deglazed the pan and cook until it has evaporated.
Puree 1/2 of the mushrooms in a food processor. Mix the mushrooms, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano and place in a baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until bubbling and golden brown on top, about 20-40 minutes. Serve with chips or raw veggies.